Monday 21 March 2011

Dinosaur dreams

Jurrasic Park came out when I was 6 years old. I was already obsessed with dinosaurs, but I wasn't allowed to go to the theatre and watch this movie with my older brothers. Instead, I started having very exciting/scary dreams about dinosaurs! I had these dreams before I saw the movie, definitely after, and continuously throughout my life. I like having these kind of action dreams. Yes, they are scary, but not as scary as ghost dreams, and not nearly as bad as dreams where everyone is mean to me. They are exciting and get my adrenaline rushing!

Like the XKCD comic above, I plan out everything in my dreams. I'm getting so good at avoiding raptors now! But now my subconscious is throwing more twists at me. Here's a dream I just woke up from:

I was at a dinosaur zoo in a fake town (maybe a hologram?) and it was just about to close to the public to start the competition. The men in charge with megaphones told us we had so much time to do so many things. He then said that all fences were down, no doors would close, and even worse, no doors would lock. I spent a good part of my dream in a truck with some people I didn't know, probably the heros, driving around fields closest to the T rex. I then ended up running downhill around the town with a bunch of kids, avoiding T rex. (He's so easy to avoid!)

Then I ended up in this abandoned office building with a few other people, possibly untrustworthy. We had to tap each other's waterbottles to make sure we were on the same team. Before we could be sure, the raptors showed up! Me and one guy who had just narrowly escaped an attack in a small closet jumped into the nearest office room. I noticed there was an open window. Doors were useless, and the raptor walked in. I tried climbing on top of a very high cabinet like I usually do in raptor dreams, but the raptor saw me straight away and jumped up on the other side. I knew I was done for!

I sort of woke up at this point, knew that dying in dreams sucks, so I went back to the dream and made a run for the open window in the office building and went to hang out on the ledge. The raptor couldn't fit out of the window, so I just hung out on there, and my alarm went off.


No comments:

Post a Comment