Monday 14 January 2013

Halfway through January Already!

Hi! I can't believe that January is already half over! So, how are those resolutions going? I imagine that this is the time of the month that most people stop going to the gym? I don't know. I'm still deciding my resolutions.

I try to make resolutions about things that I wouldn't try to do during the year anyhow, if that makes sense. I actually think I make more "resolutions" at the beginning of September, since the beginning of a new school year feels more like a "fresh start" than January 1st.
These are my "resolutions" for 2013:

1. Continue to floss as often as possible. Teeth are important, and I no longer have dental coverage! Floss floss floss.
(insert imaginary stock photo of someone flossing)

2. Do a handstand every day. I've been alright with this one so far. Not in the last few days, since I've been fighting off a cold/sinus bug, and doing an inversion is not a good idea for pressure in the head (headaches or sinuses). Ultimately, I'd like to be able to do a handstand with no help from a wall. This might take all year.

And that's it! Those are the only two goals that I would label under "new years resolutions". There are many things that I strive to do every day, but I use each day to enforce them, not just the new year. If that makes sense.

Anyhow, here are some pictures!

My dad built this cup holder for the back seats in his car. He made them to fit Tim Horton's cups, and not my tea bodum!


I accidentally went out wearing my red pants AND my red scarf last week. Luckily it wasn't too cold out that day, so I stuffed my scarf in my bag as soon as I realized how clashy I was! (Moments after taking this picture!)


In other news, I have photoshop! Yay! I've played around with some of my phone pictures, but I can't seem to do things like how I used to with photoshop. I will need to learn the ropes again, since it's been a long while since I've used the full version. If anyone knows some good links to photoshop tutorials, hit me up! 
I also need to save my $$ for a nice camera. My phone camera seems to pick up shadows in the worst way, even in great outdoor lighting. Advice! I need advice!



No comments:

Post a Comment