Saturday 28 December 2013

Rainbow Hearts Stamp Cards DIY





Hello blog friends! I've been saving these photos for after Christmas, since they were a gift and I didn't want to spoil any surprises! This was a very easy DIY craft. I found a nice old cork that was smooth and undamaged on the ends. I drew a heard on one end, and then using an exacto knife, cut around the design. You know. Just like when you used to make potato stamps as a kid. I didn't do any complicated designs, as my knife was really dull, and I didn't have much time. 
I used acrylic paint. If I had a stamp pad, I would have tried that out too. I experimented with a few ways to get the paint on the stamp so that it would have the best transfer to the paper. I settled with painting directly on to the stamp. I liked the way it turned out! I only made four cards like this, but I think when I get home from the holidays, I may make more. It was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment